The Sacrament of Confirmation is the full outpouring of the Holy Spirit as granted to the apostles on the day of Pentecost.
Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
– it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, “Abba! Father!”;
– it unites us more firmly to Christ;
– it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
– it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;
– it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross (CCC 1302-1303).
At St. Apollinaris, Confirmation preparation is a two-year process in which the candidates learn how to know, love, and serve God through regular classes with prayer, discussion, catechesis, Works of Mercy, and participation in the Liturgy.
Youth who are in 6th grade or above, who have received the Sacrament of Baptism and Communion, may enter into the Confirmation program. Confirmation preparation lasts two years and students are confirmed at the end of 7th grade (or above).
For more information, please contact Christine Walsh, Director of Religious Education at (707) 255-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Confirmation class is an intensive eight week-course intended for those who were not Confirmed as a youth. The classes typically begin in late January and end in early March. Prospective sponsors and/or any adult interested in learning more about the Catholic faith are welcome.
For further information or questions regarding Adult Confirmation, please contact the Parish Office or Religious Education Office.
Parish Office: 707-257-2555 or email@example.com
Religious Education Office: 707-255-7200 firstname.lastname@example.org