Confirmation for Youth
At St. Apollinaris, Confirmation preparation is a two-year process in which the candidates learn how to know, love, and serve God through regular classes with prayer, discussion, catechesis, Works of Mercy, and participation in the Liturgy.
Youth who are in 6th grade or above, who have received the Sacrament of Baptism and Communion, may enter into the Confirmation program. Confirmation preparation lasts two years and students are confirmed at the end of 7th grade (or above).
St. Apollinaris will be offering both an "In-Person" and "Distance-Learning" Religious Ed & Confirmation Program.
Once you select which type of program that you would like your child to be a part of, they have to remain in that program throughout the whole year. For example, a student registered for in-person learning cannot switch to distance-learning half way through the year.
What would the In-Person program look like?
- Each week, your child will attend Confirmation class on Wednesday evenings from 7:00pm-8:15pm in the St. Apollinaris Parish Hall.
- On January 22nd, 2022, your child must attend the all-day Confirmation Retreat at St. Apollinaris.
What would the Distance-Learning classes for Confirmation look like?
- Each week, your child will need to complete an online session through Sophia Institute by Sunday at 8:00 pm. Please note that this is a very important step in tracking your child’s participation.
- By submitting their responses each week, your child’s attendance will be accounted for. More than three weeks of missing assignments over the year may result in the need to repeat a year in this process.
- Families can access instructional videos pertaining to the weekly session online. Once they have watched the short video, they can move forward to complete their work.
- On January 22nd, 2022, your child must attend the in-person Confirmation Retreat at St. Apollinaris.
Registration will be available from July 1st-September 1st. To register your child for Confirmation, please go to https://stasparish.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/882163.
To find our more information about registering your child for Confirmation, please call the Religious Education Office at 707-255-7200 or email