Confirmation for Teens
Confirmation for Youth
At St. Apollinaris, Confirmation preparation is a two-year process in which the candidates learn how to know, love, and serve God through regular classes with prayer, discussion, catechesis, Works of Mercy, and participation in the Liturgy.
Youth who are in 6th grade or above, who have received the Sacrament of Baptism and the Eucharist may enter into the Confirmation Program. Formation lasts two years and students are confirmed at the end of 7th grade (or above).
To protect your child and family's health, St. Apollinaris will be having a "Distance Learning” Religious Education & Confirmation Program for the 2020-2021 year. If you are a parent and would like to register your child for our Religious Education or Confirmation programs, the online registration link can be found here: https://stasparish.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/437894.
What would distance learning for Confirmation look like?
1. Each week, your child will need to complete a lesson from their catechism book and submit their work to their teacher by Sunday at 8:00pm. Please note that this is a very important step in tracking your child’s participation.
2. By submitting their work each week, your child’s attendance will be accounted for. More than three weeks of missing assignments over the year may result in the need to repeat a year in this process.
3. Families can access instructional videos pertaining to the weekly session online. Once they have watched the short video, they can move forward to complete their work.
4. A pick-up time will be arranged at a later date for you to pick up your child’s catechism book and other resources provided to aid your child in distance learning.
How does my child turn in their work each week?
We various ways for your family to turn in your child’s work:
1. You can take a picture of your child’s work and email it to the Director.
2. You can submit a picture of your child’s work through the remind app.
3. You can drop off your child’s work each week to the mailbox outside of the Religious Education Office.
4. You can mail in their completed work to:
Attn. Religious Education Office
3700 Lassen Street
Napa, CA 94558
PDF FILES AND FORMS