The Sacrament of Confirmation is the full outpouring of the Holy Spirit as once granted to the apostles on the day of Pentecost.
From this fact, Confirmation brings an increase and deepening of baptismal grace:
- it roots us more deeply in the divine filiation which makes us cry, "Abba! Father!";
- it unites us more firmly to Christ;
- it increases the gifts of the Holy Spirit in us;
- it renders our bond with the Church more perfect;
- it gives us a special strength of the Holy Spirit to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross (CCC 1302-1303).
Confirmation for Teens
At St. Apollinaris, Confirmation preparation is a two-year process in which the candidates (confirmandi) learn to know, love, and serve God through regular classes with discussion, Works of Mercy, and participation in the Liturgy (Mass and Confession). Typically, first year students are in 6th grade, and 2nd year students are in 7th. However, we do accept 6th-11th graders.
For information, please contact Dominic Figueroa at
Click here for more information on the Sacrament of Confirmation
Confirmation for Adults